Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 7

I played some sngs late last night, and they went terribly as usual. I opened four $11 sngs first, and lost all of them. Then I opened four $16 sngs and lost 3 of those. So was down around $70ish last night going into today. Lost another $50+ in sngs today I think. Play a TON of $50nl heads up today. I ran bad for a large portion of it, and kept not being able to capitalize on donks due to terrible rivercards falling on a lot of my big hands. For example stuff like me raising to $1.50 preflop with 88 and flop comes 6 7 8 and we get some money in the pot. Turn is like a q or something and more money goes in and river is like a 9 and it cocmpletes a 3-flush in the board in addition to making a 4-straight on the board, and maybe there's $30-$40 in the pot and he bets like $30-$35 all in on the river and I have to fold etc. I feel like I played very well today for the most part

with one single exception:


This was the first time in several weeks, maybe even a couple months that I have made a mistake of this magnitude. In this case it only cost me about $20, but even so, I am furious about it. I was checking my voicemail on my cell phone during this hand, and I somehow did not notice the pair of 3's on the board, which ended up costing me dearly as you can see below:

PokerStars Game #13208706695: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/11/12 - 23:23:06 (ET)
Table 'Kassandra' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: bfactor ($74.95 in chips)
Seat 2: TiberiusT ($25.25 in chips)
bfactor: posts small blind $0.25
TiberiusT: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bfactor [Js Jc]
bfactor: raises $1 to $1.50
TiberiusT: calls $1
*** FLOP *** [3d Ac 3h]
TiberiusT: checks
bfactor: bets $1.50
TiberiusT: calls $1.50
*** TURN *** [3d Ac 3h] [As]
TiberiusT: checks
bfactor: checks
*** RIVER *** [3d Ac 3h As] [Jd]
TiberiusT: bets $2.50
bfactor: raises $69.45 to $71.95 and is all-in
TiberiusT: calls $19.75 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bfactor: shows [Js Jc] (a full house, Jacks full of Aces)
TiberiusT: shows [Ah 9h] (a full house, Aces full of Threes)
TiberiusT collected $50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $50.50 | Rake $0.50
Board [3d Ac 3h As Jd]
Seat 1: bfactor (button) (small blind) showed [Js Jc] and lost with a full house, Jacks full of Aces
Seat 2: TiberiusT (big blind) showed [Ah 9h] and won ($50) with a full house, Aces full of Threes


Obviously if I had seen the pair of threes on the board I would have at most just-called the $2.50 bet on the river, or maybe even folded to it, rather than raising $20 more over the top lol. Fuck!!!!

Anyway, despite losing a ton of money I think $100+ in the sngs today (ran horrible) I lost less than $100 overall today, so in the cash games I'm on a pretty long streak of consecutive winning days now. I am pretty happy with how the day went overall, and I feel like I will be able to successfully complete this challenge.

Here's the numbers:

Day 7 start: +$570.18

Day 7 end: +$488.98

No comments: